Frequently Asked Questions
How does Spreng Capital Management, Inc. select the investments for my account?
Each and every one of our clients is unique, as are their investment needs and risk tolerances. To that end, we try to structure each of our client’s accounts to meet these individual needs. Our primary goals are to limit risk, generate good returns, manage taxes and control overall expenses in the portfolio. To achieve these goals we use individual securities and bonds, REITS, no-load mutual funds and exchange traded funds. With these investment options, we position the portfolio to best meet the needs and desires of our clients.
What does it mean to be an independent advisor?
Independent means that we are not tied to any mutual fund company or family. We receive no compensation from anyone except our clients. Therefore, our investment selections are guided completely by what we feel are the best choices for the client, not ourselves or for a fund family or company.
What is a fee-only advisor?
A fee-only Advisor is compensated only by the client. An independent Advisor cannot accept compensation contingent upon the purchase or sale of a particular financial product, may not receive commissions, rebates, trails, awards or finder’s fees. We are fiduciaries of your accounts and have been since our company’s inception. We have a legal obligation to put your best interests over our own financial interests.
How often is my account reviewed?
Your Advisor is constantly monitoring the overall markets and portfolios of the Firm to make sure that the portfolios are properly positioned for the current and future market environment. In addition, each account is reviewed in more depth every quarter for proper allocation and performance.
What are some statistics about Spreng Capital and your clients?
- 14% of our clients have been with Spreng Capital for 15 years or more
- 19% of our clients have been with Spreng Capital for 10 years or more
- 33% or a full third of our clients have been with Spreng Capital for at least 10 years or more
- 34% of our client assets are taxable accounts.
- 64% of our client assets are either corporate or private retirement accounts.
- 2% of our client assets are Foundations or Endowments.
How do I obtain a login and password to view my Schwab account online?
Online access may be established three ways:
- Ask a Spreng Capital associate to assist you
- Register online at www.schwaballiance.com
- Call Schwab Signature Alliance at 800-515-2157